Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Mobile Home
How do I get a Real Property, or RP, decal?
This answer has been viewed 5130 times and was last updated on 10/10/2014.
Print this page Print this page

First, the current owner must take the deed to the land and the mobile home title(s)/registration(s) to the Manatee County Property Appraiser’s Office. A MH-402 form will be completed, which declares the mobile home to be Real Property. Once completed, you will need to bring the MH-402 form to a Tax Collector's Office to purchase an RP decal, which is valid for as long as you own both the mobile home and the land.  The fee to replace your Real Property decal is $5.10.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
What is required to title and register a mobile home?
What is an electronic title (or e-title)? Why should I store my title electronically?
What happens when my mobile home registration/decal becomes delinquent?
How much does it cost to renew my mobile home registration/decal?
I just bought a used mobile home that is currently titled and registered in Florida. How do I transfer the title into my name and get a decal?

Top of page