All Commercial Driver License transactions require an appointment and the completion of a Driver License application.
General Transaction Information and Requirements
Commercial License (CDL) Information and Requirements
- View the CDL Classifications, Endorsements, and Restrictions Chart to determine which class of license you will need.
- Refer to our Customer Information Publication for instructions on how to upgrade from a Class E license to a Commercial License (CDL).
- Additional information on Commercial Learner Permits (Instructional Permits) can be found in this brochure provided by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- Access our CDL Federal Vision Waiver Customer Information Publication for more information about vision requirements and exceptions.
- If you have been disqualified from driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle, refer to our CDL Disqualifications Customer Information Publication to view your options for reinstatement.
Services Our Office Does Not Provide
Not a Manatee County resident? Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents can only be served at our Driver License Office, located at 904 301 Blvd W, Bradenton. An appointment is required. Visit taxcollector.com to schedule an appointment. Out-of-County residents must select the “Non-Manatee County Resident DL/ID Card Transaction” Service in order to be served. Testing services (e.g. road testing, written exams) are provided for Manatee County residents only.