Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Motor Vehicle /Boat
How do I add a lien on my title?
This answer has been viewed 1851 times and was last updated on 11/19/2018.
Print this page Print this page

Not a Manatee County resident?  Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents needing to process title and/or registration transactions for vehicles, boats, and mobile homes can only be served at First Manatee South County Tag Agency, located at 5756 14th St W, Bradenton.

Florida Statutes provides that a person may file a notice of lien with regard to a motor vehicle, mobile home, or boat.  The date of filing the notice of lien will be the date of its receipt by the Tax Collector’s Office.  This transaction may be processed by mail** or in person.

Refer to the Division of Motorist Services State Procedure TL-32 (Notice of Lien, Subsequent Liens, Lien Actions, and Court Orders) for documentation required and special instructions.

** Lien add transactions by mail are only available for Manatee County residents.  If you are a customer that lives in another county (or a lienholder adding a lien to a title and your customer resides in another county), please contact the tax collector's office in your (or your customer's) county of residence to obtain mailing instructions.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
I have a heavy truck or I plan on buying a heavy truck; what are the requirements and fees?
I am active duty or retired military. Are there any special pricing, privileges or exemptions available for me when titling or registering a car, truck or motorcycle?
What kind of license plates do you offer?
What is required to title and register a motor scooter or to register a moped?
How do I change the address on my car, truck, motorcycle or trailer registration?

Top of page