Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Motor Vehicle
I'd like to find out who owns a car, truck, motorcycle or trailer. Can I get that information from the Tax Collector's Office?
This answer has been viewed 1719 times and was last updated on 09/16/2013.
Print this page Print this page

No; all inquiries for motor vehicle records must be submitted to the Department of Motor Vehicles in Tallahassee. To do so, complete a Records Request Form, print it and mail it (with the proper fees) to the address on the form.

If you operate a business that requires information on multiple records, visit the State's website where you can get in touch with third party providers who may be able to assist you in your inquiries.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
I have a heavy truck or I plan on buying a heavy truck; what are the requirements and fees?
I am active duty or retired military. Are there any special pricing, privileges or exemptions available for me when titling or registering a car, truck or motorcycle?
What kind of license plates do you offer?
What is required to title and register a motor scooter or to register a moped?
How do I change the address on my car, truck, motorcycle or trailer registration?

Top of page