Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Property Tax
Can a tax certificate be transferred?
This answer has been viewed 1827 times and was last updated on 09/29/2017.
Print this page Print this page

Yes. All tax certificates issued (except those for certain homestead properties) are transferable by endorsement at any time before redemption or before a tax deed is executed. The official endorsement of a tax certificate by our office or by the certificate holder is sufficient evidence of the transfer.The transfer is not complete until our office receives the information for the new certificate holder and a $2.25 transfer fee. If our office does not receive these and the certificate is redeemed, the original certificate holder will receive the disbursement.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
What payment methods are available for property taxes?
How do I apply for Homestead Exemption on my property taxes?
What are Ad Valorem Taxes?
What are Non-Ad Valorem Assessments?
I have a question about my Community Development District (CDD) assessment; who do I contact?

Top of page