Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Property Tax
I no longer own the property, but I received a property tax bill for it; what should I do?
This answer has been viewed 2133 times and was last updated on 10/30/2015.
Print this page Print this page

Notify the Manatee County Property Appraiser in writing, providing the new owner’s name and address, if possible.

The Tax Collector is not permitted to make ownership or address changes or any other changes to the tax roll unless instructed by the Property Appraiser to do so through a Certificate of Correction.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
What payment methods are available for property taxes?
How do I apply for Homestead Exemption on my property taxes?
What are Ad Valorem Taxes?
What are Non-Ad Valorem Assessments?
I have a question about my Community Development District (CDD) assessment; who do I contact?

Top of page