Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Tourist Development Tax
I utilize a rental agent but also rent periodically on my own, must I have a separate tourist tax account number?
This answer has been viewed 2085 times and was last updated on 09/15/2017.
Print this page Print this page

No, but you need to notify our office that you also rent on your own. After we create your account, we'll send you a letter containing your account number, instructions for accessing Excise (our online tourist tax system), and your user name and password. You and your property manager will use the same account number to file for your rentals.


Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
Who is required to pay tourist tax?
Are there any additional taxable items when calculating tourist tax due?
At times during the year, my property is used by family or friends. Am I required to collect tourist tax?
Which renters, if any, are exempt from paying tourist tax?
How often is tourist tax remitted?

Top of page