Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Tourist Development Tax
At times during the year, my property is used by family or friends. Am I required to collect tourist tax?
This answer has been viewed 4517 times and was last updated on 09/15/2017.
Print this page Print this page

If you collect rent from them or accept any form of compensation in lieu of rent, you are required to file a tax return and collect the tourist tax based upon the rent paid or the fair market value of the compensation received in lieu of rent. One example of a taxable transaction is if a friend stays in your condo unit and pays your HOA fees during that time.


Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
Who is required to pay tourist tax?
Are there any additional taxable items when calculating tourist tax due?
Which renters, if any, are exempt from paying tourist tax?
How often is tourist tax remitted?
What is tourist tax?

Top of page