Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Driver License
Do I need a Hardship License if I have a suspension for failure to comply with traffic summons, to appear on a traffic summons or to pay a fine?
This answer has been viewed 2346 times and was last updated on 10/10/2018.
Print this page Print this page

Not a Manatee County resident?  Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents can only be served at our Driver License Office, located at 904 301 Blvd W, Bradenton.  An appointment is required.  Visit to schedule an appointment.  Out-of-County residents must select the “Non-Manatee County Resident DL/ID Card Transaction” Service in order to be served.  Testing services (e.g. road testing, written exams) are provided for Manatee County residents only.

No...There is no hardship license for these types of suspensions. Here are the requirements: If your driver license is suspended indefinitely, please contact the traffic court in the county where the traffic summons was issued and satisfy the traffic summons . An additional D6 reinstatement fee will be required for reinstatement. If the court does not collect the reinstatement fee you must present proof of the satisfaction (D-6 Clearance), plus, the D6 reinstatement fee to the local Florida driver license office. Some traffic courts allow payment for the traffic summons online via credit card. Check the traffic court website to determine if you can pay yours now. Out-of-state residents must send the satisfaction (D-6 Clearance) and a D6 reinstatement fee to: The Bureau of Driver Improvement P.O. Box 5775 Tallahassee, Florida 32314-5775 Make Check Payable to the Division of Driver Licenses. If requested, a clearance letter will be mailed to you. If inquiring about information on an out-of-state traffic summons on the Florida driver record, contact the court that has jurisdiction. If more ticket information is needed, contact the Bureau of Customer Services at (850) 617-2000.

If you did not find the answer to your question, use the provided link to e-mail the state with your specific question:

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
How do I clear a suspension on my driver license?
How do I clear a financial responsibility (FR) insurance suspension on my driver license?
Do all offices offer full driver license services or do some only offer limited services?
How do I clear a DUI suspension or revocation on my driver license?
Where can I take the Class E Road Test?

Top of page