Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Driver License
How do I request to withdraw my consent for a minor driver?
This answer has been viewed 2176 times and was last updated on 11/01/2017.
Print this page Print this page

If you are under 18 and are not married, your license application must be signed by one parent or legal guardian. The application must be signed in front of the examiner or a notary public. Whoever signs your application agrees to take responsibility for your driving. If the signer decides not to accept responsibility for your driving, your license will be canceled. To cancel the license, the signer must write a letter to the department at the address listed below, requesting to withdraw their consent for the minor driver. Include the complete name, date of birth and driver license number of the minor driver in the letter.

Division of Driver License Neil Kirman Building

Attn: Bureau Chief of Driver Improvement

2900 Apalachee Parkway

Tallahassee, Florida 32399

If you did not find the answer to your question, e-mail the state with your specific question.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
How do I clear a suspension on my driver license?
How do I clear a financial responsibility (FR) insurance suspension on my driver license?
Do all offices offer full driver license services or do some only offer limited services?
How do I clear a DUI suspension or revocation on my driver license?
Where can I take the Class E Road Test?

Top of page