Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Driver License
I am in the military, currently stationed out-of-state/out-of-country, and my driver license has been lost/stolen/damaged.
This answer has been viewed 2287 times and was last updated on 04/21/2015.
Print this page Print this page

You may be eligible to apply online for a replacement driver license at: - If you are not eligible to order a replacement online, please provide us your out of state address and we may be able to mail you a military replacement packet which you can complete by mail. If the message you receive online is that we do not have a digital image on file for you, then we cannot print a driver license for you and you may need to obtain one in the state where you are located. Contact the state through the Customer Service Help Page at Complete the online form and provide your: Full legal name, Complete address, Date of birth, Driver license number, and a short note related to your inquiry. If eligible, the state will mail you a one time, 90 day temporary driving permit and instructions on how to obtain a replacement driver license. The permit will be mailed to the out-of-state/out-of-country address you provide.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
How do I clear a suspension on my driver license?
How do I clear a financial responsibility (FR) insurance suspension on my driver license?
Do all offices offer full driver license services or do some only offer limited services?
How do I clear a DUI suspension or revocation on my driver license?
Where can I take the Class E Road Test?

Top of page