Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Search by category   

Input keyword(s) 

 Back to Search Results
Driver License
I have a family member who has passed away. How do I advise the department?
This answer has been viewed 1550 times and was last updated on 04/02/2014.
 Print this page

In order for the state to update and ensure the accuracy of records, a copy of the death certificate must be faxed to (850) 617-5182 or mailed to: Bureau of Records 2900 Apalachee Parkway, Room B231, MS 91 Tallahassee, FL 32399-0575

If you did not find the answer to your question, use the provided link to e-mail the state with your specific question:

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
How do I clear a suspension on my driver license?
How do I clear a financial responsibility (FR) insurance suspension on my driver license?
Do all offices offer full driver license services or do some only offer limited services?
How do I clear a DUI suspension or revocation on my driver license?
Where can I take the Class E Road Test?