Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Search by category   

Input keyword(s) 

 Back to Search Results
Driver License
My driver license has been lost/stolen/damaged and I am currently out-of-state. Can I get a temporary driver license while I am trying to get it replaced?
This answer has been viewed 1984 times and was last updated on 09/18/2015.
 Print this page

You may be eligible to apply online for a replacement license at: If you find you cannot order a replacement online contact the state through the Customer Service Help Page at Complete the online form and provide your: Full legal name, Complete address, Date of birth, Driver license number, and a short note related to your inquiry. If eligible, the state will mail a 90 day temporary permit and instructions on how to obtain a replacement license to the out-of-state address you provide.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
How do I clear a suspension on my driver license?
How do I clear a financial responsibility (FR) insurance suspension on my driver license?
Do all offices offer full driver license services or do some only offer limited services?
How do I clear a DUI suspension or revocation on my driver license?
Where can I take the Class E Road Test?