Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Driver License
I am a non-US citizen and was issued a 60 day temporary permit when I renewed in person. The 60 days is about to expire and I have not received the driver license. What should I do?
This answer has been viewed 2102 times and was last updated on 10/12/2018.
Print this page Print this page

Not a Manatee County resident?  Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents can only be served at our Driver License Office, located at 904 301 Blvd W, Bradenton.  An appointment is required.  Visit to schedule an appointment.  Out-of-County residents must select the “Non-Manatee County Resident DL/ID Card Transaction” Service in order to be served.  Testing services (e.g. road testing, written exams) are provided for Manatee County residents only.

Sometimes it takes the full 60 days to receive approval from the U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Services. If it has been 60 days, first check the Driver License Status page at to see if your driver license has been mailed.  If your driver license has not been mailed, you have two options:

  • Contact the State Help Desk at (850) 617-2000 to find out why your driver license has not been mailed
  • Email the State through the Customer Service Help Page at Select the topic that most closely relates to you question and then complete the on-line form.
Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
How do I clear a suspension on my driver license?
How do I clear a financial responsibility (FR) insurance suspension on my driver license?
Do all offices offer full driver license services or do some only offer limited services?
How do I clear a DUI suspension or revocation on my driver license?
Where can I take the Class E Road Test?

Top of page