Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
Motor Vehicle
What is required if I purchased a trailer weighing 2,000 pounds or more?
This answer has been viewed 1975 times and was last updated on 09/13/2018.
Print this page Print this page

Not a Manatee County resident?  Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents needing to process title and/or registration transactions for vehicles, boats, and mobile homes can only be served at First Manatee South County Tag Agency, located at 5756 14th St W, Bradenton.

Trailers weighing 2,000 pounds or more are required to be titled and registered, and additional documentation is required.  For additional information on registering and titling a Florida trailer, view our Florida Title Transfer publication.  If the trailer is coming from out of state, view our Out-of-State Title Transfer publication.

Note: If the trailer is homemade and has never been titled or registered, the DMV Regional Office located in Palmetto must inspect the trailer and assign an FLT number before a Florida title and registration may be issued.

DMV Regional Office

323 10th Avenue West, Suite #200

Palmetto, FL 34221

Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Phone: (941) 723-4551

 Fax: (941) 723-4553

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
I have a heavy truck or I plan on buying a heavy truck; what are the requirements and fees?
I am active duty or retired military. Are there any special pricing, privileges or exemptions available for me when titling or registering a car, truck or motorcycle?
What kind of license plates do you offer?
What is required to title and register a motor scooter or to register a moped?
How do I change the address on my car, truck, motorcycle or trailer registration?

Top of page