Skip to main content


Welcome to our FAQ! To find answers to your questions, please use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If a FAQ does not answer your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking on a specific FAQ, then clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.

Top of page


To search within a category, select the category from the dropdown list and enter your question or search term in the keyword box. To view all questions in a category, select the category from the dropdown list and leave the keyword box empty.

Top of page

Question detail

Back to search results Back to search results
I am unable to come in; can I give someone the authority to sign title-related documents on my behalf?
This answer has been viewed 1761 times and was last updated on 10/09/2018.
Print this page Print this page

Not a Manatee County resident?  Effective 7/24/17, Out-of-County residents needing to process title and/or registration transactions for vehicles, boats, and mobile homes can only be served at First Manatee South County Tag Agency, located at 5756 14th St W, Bradenton.

Yes; you can complete a Limited Power of Attorney Form and appoint someone to sign title-related documents on your behalf, provided they have their valid (unexpired) state-issued license/ID or valid (unexpired) passport with them.

The form is boat-specific; therefore, multiple boats would require their own form.

Please note that this is not the same type of Power of Attorney that is prepared by a lawyer; however a General or Durable Power of Attorney may also be accepted upon approval by our office.

You must present our office with the original Limited Power of Attorney Form.  If using a General or Durable Power of Attorney, you may submit a photocopy in lieu of the original. 

Note: If the General or Durable Power of Attorney was issued on or after 10/01/2011, it must also include two witness' signatures, the principal's signature and notarization (or a perjury clause if not notarized).  If it does not have all of these components, it cannot be accepted.

Any Power of Attorney submitted must be accompanied by a legible photocopy of the applicant's valid (unexpired) state-issued license/ID or valid (unexpired) passport.

For additional information on Florida title transfers, view our Florida Title Transfer publication.

Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:
What is required to title and register a boat in Florida?
I just purchased a boat and outboard motor from the same seller. Are there any sales tax breaks on the purchase price of the complete rig?
I live out-of-state, my boat is registered out-of-state and I want to use the boat in Florida. Can this be done?
How do I obtain an antique boat decal? And, how much does one cost?
I have an old boat that was only used on a private lake/pond, so it has never been titled or registered in Florida. What do I need to do to register it now?

Top of page