Requirements for All Endorsements
- When you visit an office, you will be asked to provide documents that will establish your identity. This is a federal requirement in accordance with the Federal Real ID Act.
- You will be required to pay the fee for a replacement license, and a new photo will be taken at the time of issuance.
To add a Motorcycle Endorsement to your Florida driver license, you must:
If you currently hold an out-of-state license with a Motorcycle Endorsement, your Motorcycle Endorsement will transfer to Florida. You will not be required to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course.
- Have your current Florida driver license in your possession. If you've lost your Florida driver license, your photo must be on file.
- Take and pass the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course and present your original course completion card. (Your sponsor must also upload your test results to the DHSMV online.) Your course completion card may be scanned and subject to verification.
- Pay the appropriate fees to replace your Florida driver license and add an endorsement.
Exception: Florida does not recognize Alabama's testing for Motorcycle Endorsements; therefore, a Motorcycle Endorsement on an Alabama driver license will not transfer to Florida.
School Bus Endorsement
To add a School Bus Endorsement to your Florida driver license, you must:
- Have your current Florida commercial driver license (CDL) in your possession. If you've lost your Florida CDL, your photo must be on file.
- Have the Passenger (P) endorsement on your Florida CDL. If the P endorsement is not already on your license, you must take and pass the Passenger written exam.
- Complete and pass the School Bus written exam.
- Complete and pass the Road Skill Test(s).
All Other Endorsements
All offices provide limited driver license services. For information about adding other endorsements, you must visit the Specialized Driver License Department at the DeSoto Office.