Yes; Class E Driving Skills Road Tests are administered by appointment only for Manatee County residents.
Private companies can administer the Class E Driving Skills Road Test on weekends, after hours, or during regular business hours. Upon successful completion of the test, the company uploads your results to the State of Florida, allowing us to use the test results on file. This expedites the issuance of your license when you visit our office. Contact Ault’s Driver Education Center at 941-355-4202 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for details, or visit flhsmv.gov for a list of private providers.
If you choose to have the Manatee County Tax Collector’s office administer your Class E Driving Skills Road Test, they are by appointment only for Manatee County residents and must be processed at our Driver License Office located at 904 301 Blvd. W. Please be prepared to provide proof in your name by bringing a rental lease, utility bill, property tax bill, or U.S. mail addressed to you that indicates that you reside in Manatee County. If you live with someone else in Manatee County and do not have proof in your name, complete an affidavit of residency and provide the same proof as described above in the name of the person with whom you are living.
If you are interested in taking the Class E Driving Skills Road Test at our office, you must:
- Schedule an appointment online.
- Complete a Driver License Application and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Read the Road Test Information & Instructions for additional information.
- If under 18, ask your parent or guardian to complete a Consent Form and bring it with you to your appointment (if they won’t be accompanying you to our office).
- If you plan on using a rental vehicle to take the driving skills road test, you must complete the Rental Vehicle Affidavit. (If you’re not on the rental agreement, you must have the form completed by the person who is named in the rental agreement.)