On this page
Our frequently asked questions (FAQ) section provides information and resources on various topics. To find answers to your questions, use the search feature below or browse the Featured Questions and Top 20 FAQs. If the answer to a FAQ doesn't resolve your question, you can email our office for assistance by clicking "I need more information about this subject" at the bottom of the answer.
Question detailBack to search results
Category: Driver License
Where can I take the Class E driving skills road test?
This answer has been viewed 13269 times and was last updated on 01/27/2023.
Private companies can administer the driving skills road test on weekends, after hours, or during regular business hours in locations throughout Manatee County. Upon your successful completion of the test, the company uploads your results to the State of Florida, allowing us to use the test results on file. This expedites the issuance of your license when you visit our office. Email Ault's Driver Education Center or call Ault's Driver Education Center at (941) 355-4202. You can also visit the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles' driver license exams page for a list of private providers.
If you choose to have the Manatee County Tax Collector's office administer your Class E driving skills road test, this service is available only by appointment, only for Manatee County residents, and only at our Driver License office, located at 904 301 Boulevard West. Please be prepared to provide residency proof in your name by bringing a rental lease, utility bill, property tax bill, or U.S. mail addressed to you that indicates you reside in Manatee County. If you live with someone else in Manatee County and do not have proof in your name, complete a certification of address form and provide the same proof as described above in the name of the person you are living with.
Anyone who has held a learner license for at least one year conviction-free or until their 18th birthday may schedule an appointment to take the road test.
If you are interested in taking the Class E driving skills road test at our office, you must:
- Use our online appointment system to schedule your appointment.
- Complete a driver license application. Do not print the application; an associate will access your electronic submission during your appointment. Applications are valid for 90 days.
- Read our driving skills road test publication for additional information.
- If under 18, ask your parent or guardian to complete a driving experience certification form, and bring it with you to your appointment if your parent or guardian doesn't accompany you to our office.
- If you plan on using a rental vehicle to take the road test, you must complete a rental vehicle affidavit. If you’re not on the rental agreement, then the person named in the rental agreement must complete the form.
Users who viewed this answer also found the following helpful:Which driver license services are considered full service?
How do I clear a suspension, revocation, or cancellation on my driver license?
What are my options to renew my Florida driver license?
I want to take my Class E driving skills road test. Why is the appointment schedule full, and are other options available?
Which driver license services are considered limited service?